Salted eggs are made from duck eggs preserved in salt. After being cured in brine, the duck eggs will develop a creamy consistency with a rich salty taste. It is commonly eaten as snacks in the southeast Asian countries.
• Contains Vitamin A: Keep hair healthy and helps the body to produce new cells
• Contains selenium & iron: Enhances your immunity and hormones production in your thyroid glands
Note: Consume moderately.
• Contains higher amount of cholesterol than chicken egg
• High sodium content – avoid excessive consumption for people with high blood pressure
Country of Origin
• Wash away the black coating & boil it
Ways to enjoy:
• Served as a perfect side dish with porridge
• Use in baking recipes such as mooncakes and cheese breads
• Incorporate it into your salads
• Steamed (with or without your favourite meat products)
Store in a cool and dry place